Thursday, July 27, 2006

Madam Bigot?




Meltingpot Question of the Day: Why does the wax Brangelina family only include Baby Shiloh in New York City's Madam Tussauds Wax museum? In other words, why aren't Maddox and Zahara immortalized with their parents and new sister?

Is it because Maddox and Zahara are adopted? Is it because they're colored? Did Madam Tussauds run out of wax? Any way you look at it, it's reprehensible and I hope Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie demand that their statues be melted down and the wax donated to charity.

Okay, with war raging all over the Middle East, I know I should be spending my time caring about something a little bit more serious, but I was extremely irritated when I heard the news. And let's face it, most Americans probably know more about Brad and Angie's domestic affairs than our foreign ones, so this is what people are going to be talking about around the water cooler. And this is how our opinions and beliefs are formed. This is the influence of popular culture. I only pray that the conversations are as angry as mine. I hope the majority of Brangelina fans are outraged and say so aloud.

I'm doing my part.

Peace Out!

Photo Credit: ST / Splash News

No comments: