Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year from the Meltingpot!

Even though I still run my life on the academic calendar, January always feels like a time for new beginnings and to set new goals. With that in mind, I do hereby swear to write with more frequency here on the Meltingpot. Even though I may fail miserably, I intend to update every Monday so be sure to check in.

For me, 2007 is going to be a countdown to the debut of my new book, Kinky Gazpacho. It's a memoir all about my experiences as a Black female in Spain. It's a love story, a history lesson and a coming-of-age tale all rolled up in one. It's slated for release on September 18, 2007. Even though I just handed in the final manuscript, you can already pre-order it here on Amazon! Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to September.

And here's the Meltingpot moment that goes with the book. It's like Karmic destiny that a mere one month before Kinky Gazpacho comes out, the very first ever International Conference on Afro-Hispanic Studies is occurring in Ghana. SpaNegros of the world should rejoice. I know I'm trying to get there.

Peace in the New Year!

1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy New Year Lori! Congratulations on your book! It looks really interesting. I'm looking forward to reading it and to all the Monday updates!