Friday, April 17, 2009
More Burning Questions from the Meltingpot
Hi Meltingpot Readers,
Just a few things on my mind this Friday.
1. Why in 2009 do African-Americans make up only 2 percent of the number of architects in this country?
2. If you're a White woman who doesn't think too highly of Hispanic people, why would you marry a Colombian man, have his child and then freak out because your child will be considered Hispanic as well? And then, why would you admit to your blatantly racist and disturbing thoughts in a blog post in the New York Times?
3. Even though indie filmmakers have no problem making amazing movies that reflect the diversity of this American meltingpot, why can't the big suits in Hollywood get a clue? (answers can be found here)
4. How many Black women do you know are married to Indian men and blog openly about their lives?
5. Why am I so obsessed with Portugal, Lisbon to be precise? Why does that place seem so magical to me and how can I fanagle a week there this summer with family in tow for a low, low, price? Ideas? (That's Lisbon in the picture above.)
Ponder the answers and post your comments. See ya next week!