Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Colorful Link Love

Hi People,

Occasionally I stumble across some really cool websites that I think you all would like, so I bookmark them and make a note to share. Then years go by, I forget all about them and get swallowed up by guilt. So, today, I'm just going to give you a sampling of some websites that I think you might want to know about. Or not. But at least I did my duty.

1. The Mixed Community Here's a "scrapbook of the mixed world," with a little attitude and lots of info.

2. Mixed Chicks Chat this is the blog/podcast that inspired The Mixed Community above. I think author, Heidi Durrow and actress/educator, Fanshen Cox are two of the smartest women around, keeping the conversation alive and kicking on the mixed-race experience. And I'm not just saying that because I was a guest on their show last week:)

3. All Things Ernessa Carter. This is the online home base for one of the flyest chicks I know. Yes, we went to the same college, but it took me 15 years post graduation to meet her at the book party for her debut novel, 32 Candles. If you want your pop culture news from a fierce and nerdy perspective, with a little color thrown in for fun, look no further.

Enjoy. And now I'd like to open it up to you, my loyal fans. What are your favorite go-to websites and/or blogs for a colorful perspective on life? Let's share the link love.

I'm listening.

Peace.

2 comments:

evelyn.n.alfred said...

I go to Carleen Brice's website any time I need a book recommendation or just to check and see what she's doing.

Professor Tharps said...

Evelyn,
Me too!