Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Meltingpot is Offline--Temporarily

Hi People,

Due to the lameness of my internet service provider, I have no internet service at home for the next several days. (I also have no TV, but that's kind of my fault). I also have a sick child and no child care...

So I know your lives won't be the same without my posts, but might I suggest you use this time to mourn Michael Jackson and think about how incredible his legacy will be. Really, he did so much in the world, touched so many people. I don't even pretend to understand it, but everybody in the world knew Michael Jackson and could probably hum the tune of at least one of his songs. Apparently there is a run on the US embassy in Sri Lanka for visas to come to the United States to attend MJ's funeral!

And for your reading pleasure, check out this article by my friend Jesse Washington, who wrote for the Associated Press about Jackson's own unique color complex.

And remember, I'm starting with the Man in the Mirror. Cha-mon!

Peace!

No comments: