Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Always About the Hair

I recently had the chance to participate in a little chat-fest with a diverse group of women about our hair. Now I consider myself quite knowledgeable about all things related to hair and yet I was thrilled to discover even more similarities women share when it comes to our crowning glory, regardless of our ethnic background. When it comes down to it, texture trumps all.

The chat-fest was kind of staged for an online TV show, called Snap Glow TV, but the stories shared were all true. Check us out at Philly.com(You have to click on "SnapGlowTV in the menu bar on the top of the page. The hair segment appears right away. Sorry, but the direct link isn't working.)

After watching, let me know what you think. Or better yet, tell us, what do you think is a universal truth when it comes to women's hair?

I'm listening.

Peace.

(By the way, I'm not digging the title for the segment, but what are you going to do?)

**************************************

And in related news. Did anyone else see the Publisher's Weekly cover last week that had a Black woman with an Afro made of Afro picks on her head? It caused a lot of controversy and head scratching. I'm wondering what do you think? If you didn't see the photo or read any of the ensuing stories, you can get a summary here straight from the source at Publisher's Weekly. Like I said, it's always about the hair!

2 comments:

Carleen Brice said...

The link didn't lead to the show?

New Rap said...

Not for me