Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Meltingpot Readers!

Happy Holidays Meltingpot readers!

I hope you're having a wonderful holiday filled with laughter and light. I flew through two major storms today to make it home for the holidays with my family and believe it or not, arrived home twenty minutes early. I call it a Christmas miracle.

I'm hoping everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, but I do have a question. If you don't celebrate Christmas, for religious or cultural reasons, I'm wondering what does this time of the year mean for you? While the rest of the country is celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus and/or the arrival of a big fat man dressed in a red suit who breaks into your house to leave gifts, what are you doing?

I had a Jewish friend who always went out for Chinese food on Christmas day. He said it was a tradition with all of his friends. What about your traditions? I'd like to know what December 25th feels like when you're not part of the holiday madness?

I'm listening...

Peace.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Well, I'm glad your Christmas is going better than mine...had NO gifts to unwrap and NO Latin lover or Spanish hubby to snuggle with. Instead I'm stuck at home watching Disney films with my younger brother. Oh well. There's always next year...

Anyway, I make it a point every Christmas to eat all the chocolate that I want. J'adore chocolat! I wash it all down with a tall glass of sparkling cider. Or whatever beverage is on hand. My folks aren't big on the whole Santa Claus thing. By the way, we don't celebrate Hannukah. However this white girl back in high school said she celebrated Kwanzaa. How weird is that?

Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel!

New Rap said...

MC