Monday, September 20, 2010

Music Monday: Chris Akinyemi

Happy Monday Meltingpot Readers,

So, here's my latest meltingpot music discovery, Chris Akinyemi. Like many of you, neither Chris nor his music fits nicely into a identity box, which of course makes me love him even more. I guess technically he's 'African-American' as he was raised in the US by Nigerian parents.

I've only heard his one single, Radio but I love it already. Let me know what you all think. And here's a cute little interview with Chris so you can better understand the man behind the music.

What do you think Meltingpot readers? Is he destined to be a superstar?



Keep the music alive!

Peace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when he first started i was thinkin ziggy? is dat chu. But it sounds nice, tho..

Professor Tharps said...

Anon,
I hear ya!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this young man's message. I really liked this song. Kudos young brother!!! Keep the music alive!!