Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kinky Gazpacho II & Thanksgiving


Meltingpot Readers,

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and El Esposo's sister is coming home to meet the family as the official girlfriend of my brother. It's crazy. To be honest, Meltingpot readers, I don't know if this Kinky Gazpacho romance is going to work, because really, can lightning really strike twice in the same two families? I don't know. What do you think?

In the meantime, we're getting ready for the big feast tomorrow. Because in my big extended family we have a tendency to take in 'strays,' our Thanksgiving feast is going to have some delicious international additions. My mother's new 'adopted daughter' from Fiji will be bringing her famous spicy curry chicken and rice. My aunt's 'man friend' from Jamaica will be making stew peas and rice. And I'm trying to convince El esposo and his sister, to make a nice tortilla de patatas. I don't even know if I'll be eating the turkey this year. By the way, I'll be making my famous wheat-free, sugar-free apple crisp so I'll have something to nosh on for dessert.

So, let's make everybody's mouth water here. What will you be making and/or eating this Thanksgiving? Here's a story that I'm quoted in about how Arab-Americans bring their culinary traditions to the Thanksgiving table. Try not to drool over the Moroccan pumpkin pie.

Have a delicious day, everybody!

Peace!

No comments: