Friday, March 11, 2011

My Hair, My Books

Hi Meltingpot Readers,

I don't have any news to report about the situation in Japan and the other countries in the path of the earthquake/ tsunami, but know that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone effected both here and abroad. I have a cousin in the military stationed in Japan and we're still waiting for word.

That had to be first.

Next, we move on to this. I'm on Youtube! How cool is that. Well, actually, since your little sister can burp her ABC's and get on Youtube, I guess it's not that big of a deal, but this is actually a nice interview I did at the Miami Book Fair this year about Substitute Me. The only thing is, I didn't know I was being filmed -- thought it was just for radio -- so my 'fro looks a little off.

What do you think? Needless to say, me and my hair are going for a new look starting today. I'm off to the salon to change it up. Spring is coming, so I gotta keep it fresh. At least that's what I told my kids this morning. They each said a special goodbye to my big 'ol Afro. They crack me up. The little one wants me to get a straight bob, the big one tells me he doesn't care what I do, because I always look pretty. Awww... ( but there's a little Eddie Haskell in that kid).

Anybody else celebrating spring in some special way? A new 'do? A new look? Spring cleaning?

I'm listening.

Peace!

3 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I just read a review of Substitute Me on a friends blog and thought it sounds brilliant!

I was disappointed to see my library does not have it as I want to read this very much. I will keep looking :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Very nice interview.

On a more superficial note:

You look great. It's hard to wear afros and traditional headphones at the same time.

Also, I really like the cool ring on your right hand.

Professor Tharps said...

Sheila,
Thanks!!! And do keep looking!

Ragazza,
Thank you! And I love my ring too, even though I bought at a boutique for tween girls. It spoke to my spirit :)